Friday, January 29, 2010

DD#16: Mom stuff

I am so grateful for my friends and family. Everyone has been loving and supportive during this challenging time with my mother's health. I'm grateful every day for the connection I feel with HP, myself, and others, so it's not like this is new for me. The thing that's new is my awareness that so many of my friends have been through this with close family members. They're speaking from their own personal experience - lessons they've learned - wisdom they're generously sharing with me. This is the soft cushion they place under me and my worries - it cradles me in loving arms, strong enough to support my inner turmoil and encourage me to continue to see this through with soft eyes. My friends remind me of who I am and why I'm here in the midst of my forgetfulness when something like this occurs. I'm so inspired to be a better friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment