Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sleep, wonderful sleep...

I've never been a very good morning person. At times my only motivation for getting out of my bed is that if I stay too long I won't be able to sleep that night. You see, for the past 15+ years I have not slept well. I rarely wake up feeling refreshed and rested. There have been no small number of reasons why I don't sleep well and I've tried treating them with drugs, supplements, meditation, different beds and mattresses, and sheer will. Nothing has solved my poor sleep long term.
I have found the cure for my insomnia, however! It's the third night. If I have insomnia for two nights, by the third I'm so exhausted that I sleep. Maybe that's the problem: although I feel tired, I'm not tired enough to get restful sleep. Who knows? Restful sleep seems to be illusive for me, but, like many things I want, I keep praying for it.
For me, one of the most luxurious things in life is a nap. I love the feeling of giving in to that sleepy, dozy self who wants to curl up with her pillow and blanket and enter dreamland. My ideal life would include an afternoon siesta from which I could awaken refreshed and ready to do my 2nd daily installment of life. My life partner beside me would be exquisite, too. What a lovely way to live. I'm asking The Universe/God/Goddess - starting today...

No comments:

Post a Comment