Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The beginning of a life's dream...

I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I've dreamed of writing since I told my first story as a child.

In the past I turned to writing as therapy only when I was in an incredibly painful place in my life. I knew writing clarified, eased me into catharsis, made the pain more tolerable so I wouldn't use whatever I could get my hands on (food, men, alcohol, drugs, novels, movies, shopping - all THOSE distractions!) to anesthetize myself. It helped me breathe out the pain, stand in the circle of fire and diffuse it instead of avoiding it. What a powerful tool - putting pen to paper! I hope I can achieve the same level of honesty and clarity at the keyboard and in the "every day" of my life. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment