Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Un-Done...

Yea! I feel 500 pounds lighter this beautiful Sunday! Actually, it's probably closer to a ton lighter! That heavy sack of "The Un-Done" has been lightened by the completion of two major projects that have been hanging over my head. It's amazing how the weight of The Un-Done affects my very soul - how I live my day. The Un-Done are heavier than any extra pounds of fat I've carried. They press me down, flat, dull, worried, negative. Nothing can be fully enjoyed within the shadow of the Un-Done.
When I finish something that's been a heavy Un-Done I feel like laughing, singing, dancing - I want to share my joy with the world. I want to have a party and invite everyone to join in my celebration of just how incredible life can be when an Un-Done is now DONE.
Sometimes it's something as simple as a mundane chore that I've finished and can cross off my list. Sometimes, it's something I've avoided for weeks, months, and yes, even years. It doesn't seem to matter how long it's been Un-Done, the overshadowing effect has the same intensity. It's all-consuming, tainting everything I think and feel and do - there lurking in the shadows, dimming the light is the Un-Done.
Today I'm grateful to feel the joy of freedom - removing the Un-Done from the shadows and into the light of completion...

No comments:

Post a Comment